No products in the cart.
Alum (Phitkari Safaid, Fitkari Safaid)₨ 40.00 – ₨ 370.00
Alum/Phitkari Safaid, Fitkari Safaid (پھٹکری سفید) also known as Aluminum Potassium Sulfate. has been used since ancient times for it’s many wonderful uses. There are many types of alum, potassium alum is the one which is commonly used. It is found in the form of fine powder or in blocks. Alum is very popularly used around the world for shaving and water purification.
Alum has a lot of medical and health benefits including
- Alum stone is commonly used for after shaving treatment.
- It acts as a natural deodorant for body odor as it has the capability of inhibiting bacterial growth which is responsible for body odor.
- Alum is used to treat minor bleeding resulting from minor cuts and abrasions.
- It is widely used in water purification treatment.
- Alum treat canker sores effectively.
- Alum powder is used for treating pimples, acne marks, acne scars.
- It is really good for tightening the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Alum is widely used for hair removal. Women in ancient ages used alum for removing unwanted facial hairs like upper lip hair.
- It is good for removing blackheads.
- Using alum powder as deodorant can help to get rid of black underarm problem.
- It is used in making pickles to maintain the crispiness of fruits and vegetables used in the pickles. Alum powder is also used in making baking powders as an acidic component.
- It reduce the dandruff and treat itchy scalp.
- It is good for curing dark circles.
- Alum powder is very useful in treating cracked heels.
- Use of alum is very effective to get rid of hair lice.
- Using alum powder mixed with salt, daily to relieve tooth pain.
- Alum powder mixed with honey benefits in asthma and cough.
It is recommended to use only a pinch when taken internally. Also, it is recommended not to use alum externally on skin on daily basis. Larger intake of alum has negative side effects for the health.
Carom Seeds (Ajwain Desi)₨ 40.00 – ₨ 320.00
Carom Seeds/Ajwain Desi (اجوائندیسی) is a famous and very common spice in Pakistan. Carom Seeds are closely related to Cumin, Dilli and Caraway. Ajwain is also known as Bishop’s Weed, Ajowan Caraway and Trachyspermum Ammi. It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms. It is extremely beneficial for Earache, toothache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage. Benefits of Carom Seeds
- Ajwain seeds increase gastrointestinal secretions which enhances the efficiency of digestive functions.
- Ajwain is effective to stomach pain. Having the problems of flatulence, indigestion and gas release, take 1 tsp of ajwain along with water for one week
- Thymol, the essential oil extracted from Carom seeds are used as antibacterial and antifungal.
- Ajwain which contains the highest percentage of Thymol is used as antiseptic and in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- Carom Seeds are effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and nasal congestion.
- If somebody takes excessive beverages, especially alcohol, eating ajwain twice a day reduces craving for alcohol.
- Ajwain oil is good for leg massage. Practising such massage helps to cure rheumatic arthritis.
- Gargling ajwain water is helpful in curing of tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also used in case of toothache.
- Ajwain seeds are good in removing of kidney stone. It is suggested to take ajwain seeds along with honey or vinegar for 15-20 days.
- Take roasted ajwain seeds; and boil it in a glass of water. Drink the strained mixture. It is beneficial in curing of acidity and indigestion.
- Due to the presence of Thymol, ajwain is used as in curing of colic, muscle spasms, cramps and edema.
- The paste made up of crushed ajwain seeds and curd are used in treating of pimples, acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Ajwain extraction is used in treating of flatulence.
- Ajwain seeds are effective appetizer and also used as laxative.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, mouth diseases and piles.
Almond Straw (Badam Ki Khali)₨ 160.00 – ₨ 1,330.00
Almonds are an incredibly popular tree nut. Despite being high in fat, they are highly nutritious and extremely healthy. Almonds have been prized since ancient times as one of humankind’s most beloved nuts. They were popular in the diets of ancient Egyptians and Indian populations. Ancient Indian Ayurvedic practitioners even believed that almonds were capable of increasing brain capacity, intellectual ability and longevity.
Almond Straw/Badam Ki Khali (کھلی بادام, بادام کا بھوسا) is scientifically known as Prunus Dulcis.
- Help prevent heart disease and heart attacks.
- Support healthy brain function.
- Maintain skin health.
- Help control blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Help with weight loss and prevent overeating.
- Increase nutrient absorption.
- Increase digestive health.
- Can help fight cancer and inflammation.
- Help maintain dental and bone health.
As with all nuts, allergies can be an issue for some people when it comes to almonds. Children are more susceptible to nut allergies and should avoid almonds if they have a known allergy.
Cress Seeds (Tukhm-e-Hilyun)₨ 40.00 – ₨ 370.00
Garden cress, which is also known as Lepidium sativum is an edible fast-growing herb. Both the stems, seeds and leaves of garden cress are edible but only the stems and leaves can be eaten raw in salads or used for other culinary purposes. The Garden Cress Seeds / Tukhm-e-Hilyun / Ath-Thuffaa / Al-Hurf / Habb Al Rashad (تخم ہلیون) can be roasted or cooked before eating. Garden cress belongs to the cruciferous family and is related to mustard, pepperwort peppergrass and watercress. It is an annual plant with greenish flowers that are clustered in branched tapered shape.
The Hadith that Abu Hanifah referred to is what Abu Ubayd and other scholars have related from Ibn Abbas Radi Allaho Anh that Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam was reported to have said:
“ماذا في الأمرين من الشفاء ؟ الصبر والثفاء”
“What a cure do the two bitter remedies carry, the Thuffaa (Habb-al-Rashaad) and Aloe Vera”.
The health benefits of garden cress seeds have been recognized in Europe and India for decades now.
- Good for eye health.
- Rich source of vitamin C.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Good for dental health.
- Relieve constipation and indigestion.
- Helps to make irregular menstruation become more regular.
- Treat respiratory infection.
- Treat iron deficiency.
- Treat sunburn, irritated skins, dry skin and broken lips.
- Excellent source of protein and iron.
- Helps to treat hair loss.
- Boost the immune system.
- Helps to stimulate the mammary glands to start producing milk in lactating mothers.
- Helps to improve and boost libido.
Diabetic patients avoid use of cress seeds as they lower the blood sugar level.