No products in the cart.
Alum (Phitkari Safaid, Fitkari Safaid)₨ 40.00 – ₨ 370.00
Alum/Phitkari Safaid, Fitkari Safaid (پھٹکری سفید) also known as Aluminum Potassium Sulfate. has been used since ancient times for it’s many wonderful uses. There are many types of alum, potassium alum is the one which is commonly used. It is found in the form of fine powder or in blocks. Alum is very popularly used around the world for shaving and water purification.
Alum has a lot of medical and health benefits including
- Alum stone is commonly used for after shaving treatment.
- It acts as a natural deodorant for body odor as it has the capability of inhibiting bacterial growth which is responsible for body odor.
- Alum is used to treat minor bleeding resulting from minor cuts and abrasions.
- It is widely used in water purification treatment.
- Alum treat canker sores effectively.
- Alum powder is used for treating pimples, acne marks, acne scars.
- It is really good for tightening the skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Alum is widely used for hair removal. Women in ancient ages used alum for removing unwanted facial hairs like upper lip hair.
- It is good for removing blackheads.
- Using alum powder as deodorant can help to get rid of black underarm problem.
- It is used in making pickles to maintain the crispiness of fruits and vegetables used in the pickles. Alum powder is also used in making baking powders as an acidic component.
- It reduce the dandruff and treat itchy scalp.
- It is good for curing dark circles.
- Alum powder is very useful in treating cracked heels.
- Use of alum is very effective to get rid of hair lice.
- Using alum powder mixed with salt, daily to relieve tooth pain.
- Alum powder mixed with honey benefits in asthma and cough.
It is recommended to use only a pinch when taken internally. Also, it is recommended not to use alum externally on skin on daily basis. Larger intake of alum has negative side effects for the health.
Almond Straw (Badam Ki Khali)₨ 160.00 – ₨ 1,330.00
Almonds are an incredibly popular tree nut. Despite being high in fat, they are highly nutritious and extremely healthy. Almonds have been prized since ancient times as one of humankind’s most beloved nuts. They were popular in the diets of ancient Egyptians and Indian populations. Ancient Indian Ayurvedic practitioners even believed that almonds were capable of increasing brain capacity, intellectual ability and longevity.
Almond Straw/Badam Ki Khali (کھلی بادام, بادام کا بھوسا) is scientifically known as Prunus Dulcis.
- Help prevent heart disease and heart attacks.
- Support healthy brain function.
- Maintain skin health.
- Help control blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Help with weight loss and prevent overeating.
- Increase nutrient absorption.
- Increase digestive health.
- Can help fight cancer and inflammation.
- Help maintain dental and bone health.
As with all nuts, allergies can be an issue for some people when it comes to almonds. Children are more susceptible to nut allergies and should avoid almonds if they have a known allergy.
Borage Flower (Gul-e-Gaozaban)₨ 800.00 – ₨ 6,450.00
Borage Flower / Gul-e-Gaozaban (گل گاؤ زبان) also known as Starflower is a beautiful flowering plant that grows in the wild in the Mediterranean. It is cultivated and used widely throughout Europe for its healing properties and for a nice addition to a salad.
Throughout history borage has been used to treat a multitude of ailments and to improve overall health. The Romans would mix borage tea and wine prior to combat, most likely to fortify themselves for the battle.
There are multiple health benefits one can get from taking borage as a herbal supplement. One of the most important nutrients in borage is essential fatty acids, something our body needs for good health. Essential fatty acids must be ingested from diet. An essential fatty acid deficiency can directly affect mood, internal inflammation and various cellular functions. In order for metabolic processes such as cardiovascular functions to work properly, they depend on the proper levels of essential fatty acids in the body. EFA’s also improve hair and nail growth and appearance. Specifically, borage has very high levels of GLA, gamma linolenic acid, an important essential fatty acid. Borage is often used to boost GLA deficiencies in children as well to ensure proper growth.
Black Nightshade (Makoh Khushk)₨ 100.00 – ₨ 850.00
Black nightshade/Makoh Khushk (مکوہ خشک) also known as Solanum Nigrum, is a short-lived perennial herb that is native to Asia. Its fruit is a many-seeded, pea-sized, purple or black berry. It is filled with lots of great minerals such as phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, A, C, and B Vitamins. Its berries are poisonous, but boiling them is believed to destroy the toxic substances and make them safe to be used for preserves, jams, and pies.
Uses & Benefits of Black Nightshade:
- The juice of black nightshade is used to treat fever and alleviate pain, helps with asthma, and helping to get rid of phlegm.
- Its fruit is used as a cosmetic; as rubbing its seeds on the cheeks helps remove freckles.
- It has been used for diabetes as well.
- Leaves and fruits are used to alleviate the discomfort caused by liver-related ailments, even in jaundice.
- It cure certain skin problems and tumors.
- It can cure wounds and cancerous sores.
- An infusion of the plant is used as an enema in infants suffering from abdominal upsets.
- Used to treat stomach irritation, cramps, spasms, pain
- It cures hemorrhoids, when applied to the skin.
- Reduces skin inflammation, when applied to the skin.
- Treats burns, when applied to the skin
- Black night Shade reduces heat and cools the body and it also boosts your immune system.
Precautions and Warnings:
Black nightshade is UNSAFE to take by mouth. It contains a toxic chemical called solanin. At lower doses, it can cause nausea, vomiting, headache, and other side effects. At higher doses, it can cause severe poisoning. Signs of poisoning include irregular heartbeat, trouble breathing, dizziness, drowsiness, twitching of the arms and legs, cramps, diarrhea, paralysis, coma, and death.
It’s UNSAFE to take black nightshade in pregnancy. It might cause birth defects.