No products in the cart.
Almond Straw (Badam Ki Khali)₨ 160.00 – ₨ 1,330.00
Almonds are an incredibly popular tree nut. Despite being high in fat, they are highly nutritious and extremely healthy. Almonds have been prized since ancient times as one of humankind’s most beloved nuts. They were popular in the diets of ancient Egyptians and Indian populations. Ancient Indian Ayurvedic practitioners even believed that almonds were capable of increasing brain capacity, intellectual ability and longevity.
Almond Straw/Badam Ki Khali (کھلی بادام, بادام کا بھوسا) is scientifically known as Prunus Dulcis.
- Help prevent heart disease and heart attacks.
- Support healthy brain function.
- Maintain skin health.
- Help control blood sugar levels and prevent diabetes.
- Help with weight loss and prevent overeating.
- Increase nutrient absorption.
- Increase digestive health.
- Can help fight cancer and inflammation.
- Help maintain dental and bone health.
As with all nuts, allergies can be an issue for some people when it comes to almonds. Children are more susceptible to nut allergies and should avoid almonds if they have a known allergy.
Black Nightshade (Makoh Khushk)₨ 100.00 – ₨ 850.00
Black nightshade/Makoh Khushk (مکوہ خشک) also known as Solanum Nigrum, is a short-lived perennial herb that is native to Asia. Its fruit is a many-seeded, pea-sized, purple or black berry. It is filled with lots of great minerals such as phosphorus, Iron, Calcium, A, C, and B Vitamins. Its berries are poisonous, but boiling them is believed to destroy the toxic substances and make them safe to be used for preserves, jams, and pies.
Uses & Benefits of Black Nightshade:
- The juice of black nightshade is used to treat fever and alleviate pain, helps with asthma, and helping to get rid of phlegm.
- Its fruit is used as a cosmetic; as rubbing its seeds on the cheeks helps remove freckles.
- It has been used for diabetes as well.
- Leaves and fruits are used to alleviate the discomfort caused by liver-related ailments, even in jaundice.
- It cure certain skin problems and tumors.
- It can cure wounds and cancerous sores.
- An infusion of the plant is used as an enema in infants suffering from abdominal upsets.
- Used to treat stomach irritation, cramps, spasms, pain
- It cures hemorrhoids, when applied to the skin.
- Reduces skin inflammation, when applied to the skin.
- Treats burns, when applied to the skin
- Black night Shade reduces heat and cools the body and it also boosts your immune system.
Precautions and Warnings:
Black nightshade is UNSAFE to take by mouth. It contains a toxic chemical called solanin. At lower doses, it can cause nausea, vomiting, headache, and other side effects. At higher doses, it can cause severe poisoning. Signs of poisoning include irregular heartbeat, trouble breathing, dizziness, drowsiness, twitching of the arms and legs, cramps, diarrhea, paralysis, coma, and death.
It’s UNSAFE to take black nightshade in pregnancy. It might cause birth defects.
Carom Seeds (Ajwain Desi)₨ 40.00 – ₨ 320.00
Carom Seeds/Ajwain Desi (اجوائندیسی) is a famous and very common spice in Pakistan. Carom Seeds are closely related to Cumin, Dilli and Caraway. Ajwain is also known as Bishop’s Weed, Ajowan Caraway and Trachyspermum Ammi. It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms. It is extremely beneficial for Earache, toothache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage. Benefits of Carom Seeds
- Ajwain seeds increase gastrointestinal secretions which enhances the efficiency of digestive functions.
- Ajwain is effective to stomach pain. Having the problems of flatulence, indigestion and gas release, take 1 tsp of ajwain along with water for one week
- Thymol, the essential oil extracted from Carom seeds are used as antibacterial and antifungal.
- Ajwain which contains the highest percentage of Thymol is used as antiseptic and in the treatment of cough and asthma.
- Carom Seeds are effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and nasal congestion.
- If somebody takes excessive beverages, especially alcohol, eating ajwain twice a day reduces craving for alcohol.
- Ajwain oil is good for leg massage. Practising such massage helps to cure rheumatic arthritis.
- Gargling ajwain water is helpful in curing of tooth pain. Ajwain fumes are also used in case of toothache.
- Ajwain seeds are good in removing of kidney stone. It is suggested to take ajwain seeds along with honey or vinegar for 15-20 days.
- Take roasted ajwain seeds; and boil it in a glass of water. Drink the strained mixture. It is beneficial in curing of acidity and indigestion.
- Due to the presence of Thymol, ajwain is used as in curing of colic, muscle spasms, cramps and edema.
- The paste made up of crushed ajwain seeds and curd are used in treating of pimples, acne, blemishes and blackheads.
- Ajwain extraction is used in treating of flatulence.
- Ajwain seeds are effective appetizer and also used as laxative.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, mouth diseases and piles.
Borage Flower (Gul-e-Gaozaban)₨ 800.00 – ₨ 6,450.00
Borage Flower / Gul-e-Gaozaban (گل گاؤ زبان) also known as Starflower is a beautiful flowering plant that grows in the wild in the Mediterranean. It is cultivated and used widely throughout Europe for its healing properties and for a nice addition to a salad.
Throughout history borage has been used to treat a multitude of ailments and to improve overall health. The Romans would mix borage tea and wine prior to combat, most likely to fortify themselves for the battle.
There are multiple health benefits one can get from taking borage as a herbal supplement. One of the most important nutrients in borage is essential fatty acids, something our body needs for good health. Essential fatty acids must be ingested from diet. An essential fatty acid deficiency can directly affect mood, internal inflammation and various cellular functions. In order for metabolic processes such as cardiovascular functions to work properly, they depend on the proper levels of essential fatty acids in the body. EFA’s also improve hair and nail growth and appearance. Specifically, borage has very high levels of GLA, gamma linolenic acid, an important essential fatty acid. Borage is often used to boost GLA deficiencies in children as well to ensure proper growth.